Friday, October 12, 2007

Obsession... er, Sideline #3

This one really isn't so much an obsession; it's more of a pastime that's apparently never going to go away.

I learned to crochet probably 15 years ago from my dear Mama (who I've been missing for 3 years now), and one of the things I make most often is baby afghans for babies close to me. The only thing I "charge" for these is a picture of the baby with the afghan. Several of my friends are a little behind on this request... I should hassle one family to take pics of their 3 kids with their afghans, in fact (ages about 7, 4 and 2). Better late than never, right?

Anyway, it will be my great joy to make an afghan for my new niece. I have many nephews -- apparently there are no X chomosomes made my any of the males in any of my extended family. I have one niece, age 24, who has presented the family with a daughter, so I actually have a great-niece. She was about 6 or 7 when I married her uncle, so I've never actually had a baby niece. This should be fun!

I'm working on 2 afghans currently, in a pattern that's easy and made up, but in very different colors since one is for a boy (age 2 actually -- he and his older brother fight over the afghan I made for older brother, so I told mom I'd whip one up for him too) and one for a baby girl. Maybe I'll post pics when they're done and before I give them away... =)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

YIPPEE!! I'm so excited for my baby girl to get the niece afghan hookup!! I WILL take pictures of her with it...plenty of them. Obviously, you have some time to whip that one up, but I can't wait to see it. Thanks Seester!