Monday, January 21, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours

It actually is quite cold and rainy here today, although it's not pouring.

Not that the title was intended to refer to actual rain, you understand.

I'd love to know why it is that you loook for a job faithfully for three months, without a peep from anyone, and then one week, everything just clicks into place and everyone loves you. It's feast or famine in Job Search Land, my friends.

I just got home from an interview with a very small company. I'm awaiting a call from a large company to schedule an interview, and I got an email today to schedule a phone interview with a medium-sized company. Small is wonderfully located but would require a great deal of travel. Medium has a nightmare location, just south of downtown. Large is much farther south (even worse) but is just off of the new toll road, which runs right by my house, which would make the commute faster, although a great deal more expensive. Medium and Large would probably not require travel, or minimal travel.

And I never heard back about another job I applied for... but I pinged them today too.

So I guess now we wait.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Feast or famine is right! Congrats on all the good leads though.