Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's a New Year, All Right

The last few months have been eventful, to say the least. I thought I would get to the end of this year and sigh, "same old, same old," but it hasn't turned out that way at all.

Losing my job in early October certainly wasn't in the plans. And a few other life events were more than unexpected as well. I haven't called my faith into serious question or anything, but I'm floundering in several areas of my personal life. My marriage and my faith are solid, but pretty much everything else is feeling pretty shaky right now.

Son the Older turned in his application to Rice today, after several days of prodding and lots of dreaded essay writing. Now we wait to find out about financial aid. He'll also apply to Texas A&M as a backup. Here's hoping for a big scholarship for the first of my two bright boys. That's another big change coming up in a few months -- half of my nest will be empty.

BigMama wrote an amazing post on changes in the past year and welcoming the new year, with a couple of scriptures that really hit me where I'm living right now. She certainly said it more eloquently than I am. Go read hers. It's a little long but worth the time.

1 comment:

Desi Brown said...

can't stinkin believe older son is going off to college so soon! crazy how time flies.

thinking about you guys and praying you up like mad.