Monday, March 16, 2009

Babies and Beads and SXSW

Last weekend I got to meet a new little person.

I didn't ask permission to post her picture, so I won't post her vital stats.  Let's just say her name is NOT Valencia Orange, although I will continue to call her that for the humor value.  And she is beautiful.  I can't wait to babysit her and spoil her rotten.



In other news, I have been melting more glass.  The one on the right was going to be the same shape as the ones in the middle and on the left, but my hubby begged me not to squish it.  Now I want to make another one like it just to see who was right.


I had made the pendant to this prior to Christmas for my friend Heather.  I finally got around to making its two companion beads and stringing it.  Heather and I have a very exciting trip coming up this week (which is its own blog post), and following that, Heather will be going to Paris.  I'm trying not to hate her for that last part, but I think she should have cool jewelry to wear.


This is the completed bead set for a friend in Washington.  We agreed that I would make two sets: one for her to keep, and one for her to bead for me.  She does amazing bead work.  I have no idea what I'm going to make for me, but I think this is her set... unless I come up with something else.


Last but certainly not least, I met my friend Robin last Friday, who had been my Inspired Bliss editor for several months, when she came to town for SXSW.  If I were a better blogger, I would have pics of our meeting, but alas, that is not the case.  In another couple of hours, I'll pick her up for breakfast before taking her back to the airport.  We'll see if I remember my camera for that.  Ha!

Also on Friday, I picked up my friend James, who I haven't seen in years and who was also here for SXSW.  Again -- no camera.  My hubby and I went to lunch today with James and four other friends who all go back ten years or so.  It was great to look back at where we've been and catch up with where we are now.  James has gotten married, and he and his wife have had a baby, since the last time I saw him.  We don't often catch up since he's a Londoner, but it was great to see him.

This concludes the Cliff's Notes version of the last week of my life... stay tuned for Bad Bloggers Catch Up, Continued.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the beads! I love the necklace you made too - very good use of a beautiful bead!

What an adorable Valencia!!! Doncha just want to kiss those lips?!?!?

Anonymous said...

HEY GIRLIEQ!! I'm putting up a piccha of our meal but gotta find my menu to figure out what "it" is :). It's what you got ;). LOVED my teensy bit of time with you--next time I'll duct-tape my mouth shut!

:)

THANK YOU AGAAAAAAIN!