Monday, February 25, 2008

Does Absence Make the Heart Grow Fonder?

Or have you merely forgotten who I am?

In the time since my last post, I have landed a temporary part-time job, another very short-term contract, planned a trip to New York City, and more or less lost my mind.

Not that I had much of one to begin with.

And oh yeah, that bead that I broke? Right after that post, I went back out and made the perfect guitar bead. If I could just find the memory card to my camera, I would show it to you. 'Cause you know I took pictures of it.

*looks on computer*

Nope, I was not smart enough to put it on here already. Darn.

So in the meantime, I'll give you the scoop on everything else.

Starting tomorrow, I will be the admin for the children and family pastor at my church. His previous admin had her mom watching her kiddo, and mom got ill, so her child care went buh-bye. I will fill in until he can find his "real" person. Knowing the hiring practices and how long things take, that may be a while. His wife is in my small group, we've known them since they moved here, our kids used to be best buds until they moved on to other friends in their teenagerhood, etc., etc.... we're good friends with this family. Good times.

I also have a very short-term contract to help another friend learn to use Microsoft Project to help his company plan construction projects. That should take 4-6 hours once I understand how Project isn't working for them, but right now that's the missing puzzle piece.

Lastly, hubby and I decided to go to NYC for a few days. I have a good friend who lives there who has graciously offered to let us stay, and she and her hubby will probably move back to Texas this year, so time is a-tickin' on this offer. We also have a few other friends in the city we'd like to catch up with, plus a few more within reach who may come in to say hello while we're there, so it will probably be a busybusy weekend. I hope to catch one or two Broadway shows, and one of our friends is a museum nut, so Tuesday will be museum day. Aside from that, we'll just fit in visits where we can. Pics and commentary forthcoming as we go, I hope! We leave on Friday. I only have about 300,000 things to do between now and then. Being the neurotic listmatker that I am, I have two lists: things to do and things to pack.

Oh, and one other fun little tidbit as of tonight: I'm in a creative arts small group, and we will be doing an art exhibit for Easter. It will be Easter themed but not, so that it can stay up past Easter. The exhibit will be named "New Again," and apparently I get my own space for an installation of beads (or whatever I decide to do in glass). They gave me a wall that gets a lot of sunlight to better show off the glass -- very exciting! Now I just need to make things that exemplify Jesus' resurrection, new life, all that sort of thing. No pressure, right?

Now, if I can just find that memory card from the camera...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Congrats on the job stuff! Have a great time in NYC!!