Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Accountability April: Wrappin' It Up

Tomorrow is the end of the month, so I'll be telling you about my tragedies and triumphs.

OK, so it wasn't all that dramatic. I'll be letting you in on how I did. If you want to go back and see what my goal was, here is the original post.

Apparently my goal was to read, edit, and finish writing my NaNoWriMo novel. Gosh, Lisa, that won't take any time at all! What was I thinking? I mean, granted, I wrote what I have -- just over 50,000 words -- in a month, but still.

I want to be honest and give you the good, the bad and the ugly, so here goes. And I'm gonna save the best for last. It's my blog, and that's the way I'm gonna roll.

The ugly: I wrote not a single word. Not a one.

The bad: I did not incorporate edits back into my master document.

The good: I did finish reading the whole thing (last night), and I red-penned changes throughout.

The biggest surprise: One night, as I headed into my bedroom (I read before bed each night), I was remembering the plot and characters of this cool book I was reading, and looking forward to picking it back up. I was startled to remember that I wrote it! While there are certainly a lot of major edits to be made, maybe there is the germ of a decent idea in there somewhere. Maybe the characters and story are worth keeping. I'll polish it up a bit and see if it shines.

So, my friends, how did you do this month? Did you make progress on your April goals? I can't wait to hear about it -- leave me a comment and let me know how you did! I want to hear all about it!

1 comment:

Karina said...

I love that you were looking forward to reading your own book, not realizing it was your own. That's an awesome feeling and an indicator that yoy need to keep working on it. Thanks for playing along w me this month!