Saturday, June 21, 2008

Movie Mania

You'd think I could find other things to talk about, and in fact I'm way behind on a post I'd like to make, but I was tagged by Steve for a silly meme, so what the heck.

The rules of the “game” are simple:
1. list your top ten favorite films (in no particular order).
2. if you’re tagged, you’ve got to post and tag 3-5 other people.
3. give a tag back (some link love) to the one who tagged you in your post
4. give a hat tip (HT) to Dan

No, I have no idea who Dan is. Probably the guy who started all this. I went back several levels and didn't find him. If you have more patience than me, more power to ya.

So here we go. I shall warn you now that I'm quirky.

1. The Princess Bride. Not so quirky -- everyone loves this one.

2. Real Genius. Lots of people have never heard of this, but it's a great, quirky '80s comedy starring pre-Top Gun Val Kilmer. I had to watch everything with him in it for years. I can almost recite this movie.

3. When Harry Met Sally. Greatest chick flick of all time, beloved by many men.

4. Virtually anything by Pixar. Although I think it's cheating to list trilogies and things like that as one entry, everyone else has, so I will too. :-P Besides, Pixar could kill off half my list.

5. The Indiana Jones movies. I love me some Harrison Ford. He seems like a guy who has his head on straight for a Hollywood type, too.

6. Memento. I cannot believe I don't own this one. I really need to buy it.

7. Wallace and Gromit films (a total rip-off of Steve's #4, but who cares?).

8. Better Off Dead. "I want my two dollars!" I SO love John Cusack. When I visited Chicago for the first time and found out he lived there (and a friend of a friend knew where he hung out), I had visions of running into him. Maybe he's not all that interesting in person, but I'd love to have dinner with him and find out. Naming only one Cusack film was tough. You can make #8 "virtually any John Cusack film."

9. Four Weddings and a Funeral. I like Hugh Grant's movies too, and I've watched many of them, but I suspect he's a mess as a person. Still cute though. #9 could be "lots of Hugh Grant films"... and yes, I own many of them.

10. Good Will Hunting. "How do you like THEM apples?" Lots of other movies I love in my collection, but this is the one I keep coming back to when I go to my shelves and look for #10.

Runners-up: the Bridget Jones movies (love Renee Zellweger in them), Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Juno, Wedding Crashers, Sleepless in Seattle, Pirates of the Caribbean. Since most of these are more recent, I want to see if they pass the test of time to become beloved movies. I'm betting on Juno for that.

I tag Brian (why has he not been tagged? Hello? Film buff!), my seester (private blog, sorry guys), Kristy, Coach J, and Karen.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I haven't seen a non-animated movie in 5 years (hmmm, the exact age of my oldest child)...and I have absolutely NO memory, so this should be fun. I'll probably have a tough time NAMING 10 movies, much less ones I actually like!

To him said...

ok, did you mean KarIn or En? Is this me you are talking to? :)

Karen said...

I managed to come up with ten films I liked - I wasn't sure I could. Thanks for the linky love!