Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Blogiversary to Me!

My little blog is one year old today, starting to toddle around the blogosphere. Watch out honey, don't hit your head on that table! You're gonna fall down!

I went back to revisit its beginnings, and I discovered that I sailed right past the anniversary of my layoff without even noticing. That's good. I bet my former cow-orkers [sic] would be stunned to know that a year has already gone by.

Little bit of trivia, for those who don't know me in real life: I'm used to odd anniversary celebrations, since I celebrate my birthaversary every year, i.e., I was married on my birthday. We joke that that just means he can never forget, but in reality, it means that the bulk of the anniversary gifting falls on my hubby, and he often comes through in grand style. We've gone to San Francisco, New York, and Hawaii for my birthaversary. Before you tell me, I already know he's a keeper, even though he won't buy me that big ol' rock I'm always kidding him about. We agreed a long time ago we'd rather have the memories from traveling together than some hunk of carbon (my sister disagrees, or maybe she'd prefer both).

I don't have any more of a mission statement now than I did a year ago for my small corner of the blogosphere. At just under 150 posts in a year, my real goal is to write more in the coming year and not neglect my blog (and whatever readers I have) so much.

Speaking of which, I would love it if you would do me the honor of telling me you're here today. I'm aware of some of the groups who read my blog: current and former co-workers, people I play World of Warcraft with, people whose blogs I read, other Inspired Bliss writers, people who read my inane twitter ramblings (where I've been mostly absent for several days). But if you're here, I would be honored if you'd say hi and maybe even tell me how you got here. I know lurkers hate to come out of hiding, but I'll give you a virtual cookie if you do!

Hmmm, that reminds me, I haven't had breakfast. Time to root around for some non-virtual food. Thanks for dropping by, peeps!

14 comments:

Jeni said...

Happy bloggaversary!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I'm here and come to lurk every now and then. I've found inspiration here. I can turn my silent thanks to for real.

Happy Bloggaversary!!! And many more.

Pat

webchyk said...

happy blogiversary, my friend! here's to many, many more.

lots of love,

rose

Cindy said...

I'm pretty sure you know I'm here. But, you know, I'm here.

Tough one - rock vs. trips. Yes, I'd like both thankyouverymuch.

Happy Blogiversary!

Christine said...

Hi! I'm not sure how I got here, must have been Inspired Bliss - but here I am. Happy Blogaversary. Bloggiversary? Hm.

Anonymous said...

Lisa Lisa! I was here today!

Lisa said...

What a fun bunch of comments -- two of my Inspired Bliss girlies (Jeni and Christine), two former cow-orkers (Pat and Trey), my sis, and the inimitable Rose (webchyk), my webmistress for beadelectable.com.

I'm feelin' the love -- thank y'all for taking the time to say hi!

Anonymous said...

Chocolate chip please.

Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggiversary to you!!!

That reminds me.. I think my 2nd one is coming up soon. I need to make sure that I don't miss it.... ;)

Anonymous said...

You still have those leftovers? My fridge is empty....

-Db

Lisa said...

I still have 'em, DB. If you read this comment, you can have 'em. You know me -- once I eat it once, I'm done. And it's your favorite too...

Karen said...

Hi Lisa! Happy Blogaversary! Looking forward to the next year! Karen

Redpeeler said...

I'm here! :)

Angela

Anonymous said...

Hey cutie :),

I missed your "official" bloggiversary, but isn't late bettah than nevah?? Hmmm, you celebrated by sending ME a surcie--THANK YOU!!!

So glad we've had reason to cross paths (& work together--does that make me a cow, too??). You're a bright star in this parallel universe and I can't wait to see your continued shine :).