With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy, I present:
You Might Be Doing NaNoWriMo If:
- You plan to drink 87 gallons of coffee during November.
- Every snippet of conversation you hear or take part in is potential novel fodder.
- You know the location of every coffee shop within a 30 mile radius – and which ones have free wi-fi.
- You’ve noticed people staring at you as you mutter and scribble in your notebook, which is your constant companion.
- You own an AlphaSmart.
- You know what an AlphaSmart is.
- You know people by their NaNo screen names rather than their real names.
- You don’t know what date it is, but you can tell anyone what your word count goal is for the day.
- You have regular conversations with the writing critics in your head. Maybe sometimes you win.