Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I tried to be good!

I went to lunch yesterday with my hubby and a couple of my former co-workers. We went to a local restaurant, and I had the salmon with rice, steamed broccoli, and... ok, I'll admit it, mashed potatoes. I lovelovelove mashed potatoes. Nothing like a good mashed potato, I always say. And while everything was yummy, the mashed potatoes were divine. Mmmmmm.

Anyway, I was mostly being good, and I had a lovely lunch with all the guys. Trey had bought a new vehicle -- much needed since he had been driving a 12-year-old truck -- so we talked about his new FJ, fun times at the ol' sweatshop, all that stuff.

And then (I won't go into details) I spent most of the afternoon and evening visiting Sir Porcelain. Everything tasted fine, so I don't know what the deal was. I don't think anyone else felt horrible, although we all ate different things. I've heard food poisoning takes four hours or so to set in, and this was faster than that, so maybe it was something else. I have no idea. Everything else I'd eaten in the last 24 hours was stuff I've eaten at home with no problem -- a PBJ the night before, cereal that morning, etc.

Regardless of the cause, I bet that's the last time I eat fish for a long time.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yeah, I bet! And, I love salmon, too. I hope you're feeling better and that you can leave Sir Porcelain alone.

Cindy said...

Icky!! I guess that's why you didn't answer when I called you about 4:30. You must have been nursing yourself back to health. Incidentally, that bug's been going around - no symptoms other than the upchuck. No fever, no nothin'. David got it. Threw up 5 times all night, woke up the next morning fine. Weird stuff I tell ya. Hope you're feeling better tonight.