Monday, March 8, 2010

Popinjay: PERFECT

My bloggy friend Michelle issued a photography / blogging challenge last week... the fact that I didn't see it until today is irrelevant, right?

Her challenge? Post a picture that shows the word PERFECT. (Click on the pic for a bigger version.)

This photo, taken from the top of Mount Haleakala in Hawaii, is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken. The feeling of being above the clouds, and the play of the light on the clouds, was just surreal. I got several amazing photos, but this was my favorite. I don't know if angels hang out on clouds with harps, but I could almost picture it up there! Plus, the trip -- and this side trip -- was made with friends whose company I enjoy, plus my sweet husband, and it's hard to get more perfect than that.

Go to Michelle's entry on PERFECT and you can read what everyone else has to say!

5 comments:

~michelle pendergrass said...

My friend Toni (@itsToni) just got back from a Hawaii trip and I looked at all her pictures. Something happens in Hawaii to people. I'm convinced of it. And I want to experience it! I want to go.

That is perfect!!

Michele Lee said...

OMG that is an amazing picture!

Lisa said...

Michelle -- something does happen to people in Hawaii. They look at real estate prices, and then they cry because they know they can never live there. Sad but true.

Michele -- thanks! I was shocked to find my camera would actually take the photo, but it looked just like that. I'm thrilled to have photographic evidence of what it looked like. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

Elaina M. Avalos said...

So pretty! It is perfect!

Karina said...

Perfect! And beautiful!!