Tonight I promised myself I'd stay awake long enough to post something, even if it isn't much.
When I found out I would be coming back, I asked Jessica (the fabulous admin who handles such things as my hotel reservations) if I would be staying in the same hotel as last time. She asked if I wanted to stay somewhere else. My unedited answer is a little stronger than "Heck no!" but it's along those lines.
Here is my current home sweet home... the Berkeley Business Hotel.
That's right, I'm staying in The Classy Hotel For Classy People.
And do you want a list of reasons I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else? Aside from the fact that I've been here and I know it, these are the reasons why I love it here:
- The staff is the friendliest I've ever come across. I'm greeted with a smile, a "Hello!" and a small bow every time I walk in the door. I'm sure they all know who I am because I'm the only American in the hotel, but still, virtually any American hotel could take a page from their book.
- The room is large, comfortable, and reasonably priced.
- Every day when the maid service does their thing, they leave two fresh bottles of water in my refrigerator.
- There is a small basket of goodies (cookies, crackers, and fruit) upon arrival.
- Within one block of the hotel: 7-11, Starbuck's, and a Mister Donut.
- I don't rent a car when I'm here, so I have a driver every morning (usually a taxi at night). It's possible I might have the same driver if I were at a different hotel, but I might not. I like her (I posted her pic when I was here before), and in this part of the world, having a driver you trust is kind of a big deal.
- And last, but certainly not least... my hotel is four doors down from the world's greatest beverage!
They have a big sign up advertising what is apparently a new flavor: hazelnut milk tea with bubbles. And I keep not seeing it until after I've ordered my tried and true milk tea with bubbles (usually small bubbles, although today they were out). But tomorrow? I'm gettin' me some hazelnut, y'all.